Hotel in Kannur caught fire

Wednesday 4 July 2018 11:40 am IST

Kannur: Yesterday by 12 noon, a huge fire broke out in Aquarius Fast Food, a Vegetarian hotel operating in Sadhu building in Fort road at Kannur while the cooks were busy cooking in the kitchen. As the room got filled with smoke, the customers and employees ran out the hotel. The fire-fighters who reached the spot, put out the fire with great difficulty. 2 units of fire engine had to spray water to douse the fire.

The fire is believed to have caught on fried poppodums and then spread on to the hot oil which then escalated to a fiery fire that rapidly engulfed the entire place. Smoke reaching the skies resulted in people gathering around even during heavy downpour causing traffic disruption following which vehicles had to be diverted.